Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Funny Story....

I'll start this blog of with a funny story...

Was in Levin on Sunday for my Father in law's 60th Birthday, but that's not the funny story. The funny story goes like this..

About a year ago my Mother-in-Law wanted to give either myself or her own daughter some perfume that she had brought but didn't like on herself. Being the good daughter in law I had a good smell but decided I didn't like it. I was told it was very expensive and she had bought it after having someone walk past her with this most amazing smell.... (starting to sound familiar?)... who she proceeded to find out what this person was wearing. After buying it for herself my MIL found she was very disappointed that it wasn't the same when she was wearing it. So as you know she decided to see if I wanted it, which as you know I didn't.

Fast forward a year and envisage my MIL reading this blog where I'm raving on and on and on about this fantastic new fragrance I found while chasing a women down the block for it. What was this fantastic new fragrance her daughter-in-law had found she wondered.... Yep you guessed it. The very fragrance she had tried to give to me a year ago - Michael Kors. Doh.

Mother-in-law 1
Daughter-in-law 0

In my defence it does smell slightly different from the one I have now - although I have no idea why it should. Maybe my mind is making it smell that way so I don't look like a complete idiot! ;)

On the bright side I came back from Levin with a bottle of very expensive perfume that I love...!!

~~~~~~~~~

Netball is nearing the end of the season with only two more weekends of games, and the end of year club function on Sat 1st Sept. Its been a great year but darn has it been a busy one. I am really looking forward to having a full weekend free and enjoy some free time in my new house. Especially looking forward to having a summer in the garden! Although unfortunately its not quite the end of netball for the year as we have all the behind the scene stuff to get started on.... Sigh... At least it won't be as full on.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Nothing much else worthwile - just gearing up for an immensly busy couple of weeks culminating in a monster weekend 1/2nd Sept.

This weekend starts with a:

* mid winter 80's themed Xmas dinner on the Friday
* last game of netball on the Sat day
* with the EOY function that night
* then travel to Napier immediately after the EOY function for a
* 80th Birthday lunch on the Sunday...

then the travel back to work on the Monday.... sigh

Hey might as well finish with a Bang right... ;)

No comments: