Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sage the puppy...

Hey all,

Well after 4 days of having a puppy named Hunter around the house, last night we changed it to Sage.

Call it female perogative to change her mind? But to be honest the name just wasn't working and you have to have one that works! It wasn't feeling comfortable so after some discussion we went with second choice Sage.

The inner psychologist would say that it was because I wanted a male dog and could only get a female dog, and didn't want a 'girly girly' name since we all know I aint that! And that the husband wasn't that fussed on the name but was going to let me have Hunter.... I tried - I do love that name, but not for our girl this time.

Name: Sage
Origin of name: Latin
Meaning: Wise one, Prophet or from the healing herb

Breed: Golden Retriever (purebreed)


(this is the wisest looking photo of her I could find..!)

Hopefully she doesn't get a complex about this! Imagine a dual personality dog - yikes! I've been told by two dog 'beahviouralists' that changing the name this soon is fine, she's been called puppy for 8 weeks by the breeder and all they really hear is 'blah blah blah' at this stage until training starts!

No comments: