Wednesday, April 16, 2008

For want of another word......

I have no idea what to name this post as I don't really know what its going to be about...

I've been terribly slack at updating this lately so thought I'd better put something up for the odd 2 or 10 of you that actually read this thing...

So been pretty busy the last week with yep netball again - I can tell you that the previous club captain was USELESS and it took me all day to organise the exisiting paperwork into something that resembled an Accounts Payable folder and a general day to day running of the club folder...

Over the last two weeks I have now become more than sufficient in all things related to IRD Witholding Tax for employees, becoming an employer, Incorporated Societies, Staff contracts for non profit societies and general day to day financials (grandad would be proud). What a nightmare. Did I mention that my (new) Treasurer quit on me the day after she became our Treasurer..... Yep a Jack of all trades I'm becoming....

For better or poorer we are yet to see ;)

Bright side of the club I seem to be the popular choice for being club captain! And getting lots of support from club players which is nice.

The Senior half of the club have their first grading day tournament this weekend - normally they have a 4 week window where you play one game a week and depending on the outcome of the 4 weeks you get graded into a grade (funny that). This year they are trialling a one day tournament prior to the season starting to sort the grades first and then move straight into 3 rounds of round robin with promotion/relegation at the end of each round.

Sounds promising - yet to be seen. The Netball Wellington Centre really isn't doing that well this year - was kinda a fiasco last year and they hired this new person to take over but seriously - I could be doing better than how it is run at the moment. If only the job was paying more and I would've seriously thought about applying for it last year.

Anywho looking forward to that this weekend - will be nice to mosey around and see all the senior teams - some of them are looking quite good.

~~~~

On the job front we are still working through our 'realignment'. She with Malcolm have gone through our job descriptions and we now have them to comment on - not quite on the formal consultation side of it but nearly there. I have no opinion of work anymore - I tried once and they didn't listen so I'm now just there to pay the bills, save for my Holiday next May, and then back to paying the mortgages. Guess I should start looking at starting a family but next year but will wait to see what the body clock says after the holiday ;)

My money is on putting kids off further to enjoy life a bit more as double income no kids family ;) (no offence to those with kids - just the clock is not ticking for us!)... I wonder if we'll end up being the babysitters since we have no kids of our own!! (god forbid).

~~~~~

Husband, Dog and Cat are great. Cat antagonises Dog, Dog antagonises Cat, Husband watches the vicious circle ;) quite hilarious.

Righto that's about all - not much about a lot of crap. Must take some more photo's to put up for those who like looking at pretty pics...

Oh and real tragedy for those 7 victims who lost their life canyoning at Sir Edmund Hillary's OPC in Mangatepopo Gorge - I did that exact same thing about 15 years ago and it kinda hits home. What a freak accident.

Love to all out there...

Peace out.

No comments: