Monday, April 21, 2008

Must be netball season...

Yep first game (pre-season tournament) of the season and you guessed it - the rain did fall (horizontal even), the wind did blow and the southerly did punish.

Brrrr - talk about cold.

Bloody cold even. Especially when you've been saturated with a downpour at 8.30am in the morning.

But on the bright side most of my girls won their games which means they might get graded quite nicely. Anywho - I guess we'll see when the season starts proper in two weeks.

Also had my first indoor game in 2 years with Matt's work team on Sunday. Bit of fun combined with a bit of frustration at their lack of skills. Nice to play with Matt again and have Fi (wife of matt's ex workmate) with some netball skills down the other end. Had a great hit the deck moment when matt moved into my space and I hit the floor quite heavily - gotta lose those kilos to make for a softer landing! (no jokes about the extra padding please!)

But will be back - we'll see how long I last without getting too frustrated ;)

1 comment:

Off-Black said...

Oh how I miss the lack of skills....:)

Couldn't make sunday as I was working late, can't make wednesdays very often as I have a town team that night...

Be nice to play with you guys again!