Saturday, July 14, 2007

Winter Sunshine....

Woke up this morning to the most GLORIOUS day Wgtn has had in about a month.... Not a cloud in the sky, not a breathe of wind.... I guess the old addage that you can't beat Wellington on a good day stands strong yet again...

Hang on - I'm in Upper Hutt....! Oh that's right - Upper Hutt has really been turning out the weather since we claimed it home in early April. I just don't know how we managed to stay so long in that bl**dy windy suburb called Maungaraki for so bl**dy long... was driving me C.R.A.Z.Y......

I mean this morning I'm sitting out on my deck bathed in GORGEOUS sunshine enjoying the view of the cows over the fence (quaint aint it!).... If I was in Maungaraki - the cows would have flown away by now!!!

Funny. I crack myself up...

Anyway off for a bike ride again - after all - we are only 5 mins away from a GORGEOUS river.... and we do need to do this day justice!

3 comments:

Ange said...

Te he he - I just had a visual of cows blowing off the hill - very amusing :-)

Russman said...

You know when you've climatized to a place properly, it's when the winter becomes unbearably cold. Here in Brisbane it hit 16 degrees today...and I am freezing! How you people survive in NZ? How did I survive in NZ? I played Golf on a 13 degree day...I have never felt so cold, yet I use to play barefoot rugby on frosty Napier winter mornings.

Russman said...

Russ...you've gotten soft.

And stop talking to yourself on other peoples blogs, it's just rude.

Sorry Mr + Mrs Lister.